Polycarbonate sheeting is a versatile material with a wide range of possible uses, from secondary glazing to riot shields, and a host of applications in between. This ultra-tough material can be purchased in a fire-resistant twinwall or multiwall option. This enables it to have high light and low thermal transmission, so it will keep heat in while letting plenty of light through – making it idea for glazing.
Key Features of Polycarbonate
– Up to 5 times lighter than glass
– Amazingly clear, lets 90% of the available light shine through so great for windows
– High toughness and rigidity, nearly 300 times stronger than glass
– Thermoforms endlessly perfect without losing strength or quality
– Tolerates far higher impact than acrylic sheeting
– Brake-forms to a tenth of an inch thick
– Resistant to bullets at its thickest
– Ease of cutting, drilling, forming, bending and fitting
– Resistant to UV and abrasion
– Fire compliant in the EU & UK
Benefits & Applications of Polycarbonate
Polycarbonate maintains its appearance for years due to its scratch-resistant qualities. It is easy to keep clean and hygienic, making it ideal for use in kitchens or bathrooms, and can be washed with just soap and warm water without the need for chemical cleaners. It’s a popular material for use in gardens, greenhouses and children’s play areas, as it is impact resistant and more secure than glass or regular plastic. It can be used as secondary glazing or for windows in doors, where security may be an issue. In fact, there are many potential uses for polycarbonate sheeting, from carports and garages, to swimming pool covers, shower screens and splashbacks, and even glazing for skylights.
The most common use for polycarbonate is as a replacement for glass, as it is shatterproof and far more lightweight, making it easier to handle and work with. Polycarbonate sheets can be purchased in a variety of thicknesses to suit your project, as well as it being easy to cut into virtually any size or shape. If you want more privacy when using polycarbonate as a glass replacement in windows or doors, we also supply bronze or opal sheets which offer less transparency while still letting light through.
Polycarbonate is easy to fit and can be installed easily and safely by any DIY novice. It can be drilled with ease, or if you’d prefer you can let us know where you need the drill points to be and we can do that for you to save you time and effort when it comes to installing the sheet – just let us know when you’re placing the order.
Delivery Options and Details
– FREE economy delivery on all orders over £200
– Speedy delivery or collect it yourself
– Orders bigger than 2001mm x 1000mm are usually COLLECTION ONLY. Alternatively, we can get our specialist courier to deliver your order on a cost-per-order basis.
We'll email you to confirm your order, including a number for tracking its progress. And we'll send another email once your order has been despatched, including a courier tracking number. You can have it delivered to a different address from your billing address if you like, no problem.
We'll deliver as fast as possible, and your order should arrive in perfect condition. We add a layer of protective film to both surfaces to protect it as well as using good quality packaging, especially at the corners.
You'll need to sign for your delivery. If you're not in, the courier will leave a card telling you how to rearrange the delivery or arrange collection.
Want full delivery details including prices? Here they are.