Black Acrylic Sheets – Dramatic, glossy, contemporary
Durable, handsome high gloss acrylic is a magical material, versatile and practical as well as frequently used as an alternative to glass, which is heavier, less safe and more expensive. Whether you're in construction or interior decor, have a creative project in mind, or fancy a gorgeous splashback for your kitchen or bathroom, black acrylic sheet is one of our most popular plastic products.
Our top quality black extruded plastic sheets make a huge range of exciting projects possible, everything from home decoration to stunning features for business premises and public areas. If you want to make a big, shiny, high quality impact, our hi-gloss black acrylic sheeting is a sure fire hit.
– Great value for money
– Absorbs UV rays
– Hard to scratch
– Comes with a glorious high gloss finish
– Easy to cut, a joy to work with
– Deep colour on one side for an extra-rich shade
– Tough, strong and difficult to damage
– Fire Rating E to Test Standard DIN ED 13501
– The protective film on both sides prevents damage during delivery, design, assembly and fitting – simply peel it off when you're ready
– Because the colour and acrylic material are bonded together at extrusion stage, they're bonded for good
– A beautiful contemporary finish loved by designers and decorators
Important note: Don't use acrylic sheeting behind a gas or electric cooker, hob, open fire, radiator, wood burner, Rayburn, Aga, or close to any other source of heat. If it's going to heat up beyond 160°C the heat can damage the acrylic, so we advise against it.
Which plastic sheets can you use near a heat source?
– Electric, Ceramic & Induction Hobs - Acrylic wall panels are fine behind induction and ceramic hobs provided you fit it at least 50mm away from the appliance.
– Gas Hobs - Our Low Iron toughened glass splashbacks are ideal for direct heat source hobs.
You can use our high gloss acrylic sheets in all sorts of ways, for all manner of projects, including:
– Modern bathroom and kitchen splashbacks
– To present brilliant business ideas – they make great presentation boards
– To display products, books, ornaments, images and more
– To clad walls and kitchen cabinet doors for a smooth, super-sleek look
– To use instead of glass in furniture, and for unusual yet highly effective shelving
– For making signs
– For art, craft and design projects at school, college and home.
– Resists high temperatures re. the standard for acrylic sanitary ware - #√ ≥ 105oC to EN 263
– Resistance to chemicals re. the standard for acrylic sanitary ware - √ 5 Test media to EN 263
– Resistance to wet and dry cycling re. the standard for acrylic sanitary ware √ 20 cycles to EN 263
– Density - 1.19 g/cm3 to ISO 1183 standard
– Water absorption (24 h, 23oC) at dry state 50 x 50 x 2mm – 40mg to ISO 60, Method 1
– Impact strength 16 kJ/m2 to ISO 179/1 fu standard
– Tensile strength 77 MPa to ISO 527-2/1B/5 standard
– Elastic modulus 3300 MPa to ISO 527-2/1B/5 standard
– Nominal strain at break 7.6% to ISO 527-2/1B/5 standard
– Maximum thickness tolerance for 6mm – plus or minus 3, to standard ISO 7823-2
– Indentation hardness H961/80 – 180 MPa to ISO 2039-1
– Coefficient of linear thermal expansion – 7oC to DIN 53752-A
– Vicat softening temperature 109oC to ISO 306, B50
– Heat deflection temperature under load HDT (1.8 MPa) – 102oC to ISO 75
– Ignition temperature 430oC to DIN 51794
– Smoke gas volume – virtually none
– Smoke gas toxicity – none
– Smoke gas corrosion – none
– Class – B2 - BS476, Tao;7+6
– Class – E - DIn EN 13501
Delivery Options and Details
– FREE economy delivery on all orders over £200
– Speedy delivery or collect it yourself
– Orders bigger than 2001mm x 1000mm are COLLECTION ONLY. Alternatively, we can get our specialist courier to deliver your order on a cost-per-order basis.
We'll email you to confirm your order, including a number for tracking its progress. And we'll send another email once your order has been despatched, including a courier tracking number. You can have it delivered to a different address from your billing address if you like, no problem.
We'll deliver as fast as possible, and your order should arrive in perfect condition. We add a layer of protective film to both surfaces to protect it as well as using good quality packaging, especially at the corners.
You'll need to sign for your delivery. If you're not in, the courier will leave a card telling you how to rearrange the delivery or arrange collection.
Want full delivery details including prices? Here they are.