White Acrylic Sheets – Brilliant, beautiful, versatile
Shiny white high gloss acrylic is a beautiful material, strong and good-looking, and it has many creative and practical applications. As such it's a great alternative to glass, being safer, cheaper and lighter.
Extruded acrylic sheets make an excellent all-purpose material for a vast range of projects at home, on business premises and in public areas. They do a great job more or less anywhere that high quality presentation and great looks are a must. It’s no surprise our hi-gloss white plastics sheets are one of the most popular products in the entire range.
– Costs less than glass
– Weighs less than glass
– Absorbs UV light with ease
– Doesn’t scratch
– Features a high gloss finish
– Easy to work with
– High gloss colour added to one side for a superb, deep, rich effect
– Tough and strong, resists impacts really well
– Has a Fire Rating of E, complying with Test Standard DIN ED 13501
– Comes with a clever peel-off protective film on both sides to prevent damage en route and throughout the design, assembly and fitting process - just remove it when you’re ready
– The colour and the plastic are bonded together at the extrusion stage so they're rock solid
– Contemporary good looks
Important note: Don't use acrylic sheeting behind or too near to a gas or electric cooker, hob, open fire, radiator, wood burner, Rayburn, Aga or any other source of heat. If the area is likely to get hotter than 160°C it can damage the acrylic, so we advise against its use.
Which materials can you use close to a heat source?
– Electric, Ceramic & Induction Hobs - Acrylic wall panels are suitable for use behind induction and ceramic hobs as long as you keep it a minimum of 50mm from the appliance.
– Gas Hobs - For direct heat source hobs, one of our Low Iron toughened glass splashbacks is perfect.
High gloss acrylic sheets are used in all sorts of cool and creative ways. Here are just some of them:
– As vivid, rugged bathroom and kitchen splashbacks
– As presentation boards for businesses
– For displays of all kinds, including retail, schools, colleges, boardrooms and more
– To clad walls, providing a stunning modern look
– To clad old kitchen cabinet doors, giving them a brilliant new lease of life
– To replace the glass in furniture, giving it a cool contemporary slant
– As tough, resilient signage in all sorts of circumstances
– For craft projects and artwork
– To make wall shelves that are longer-lasting and better looking than wood or glass
– Resistance to high temperatures re. the standard for acrylic sanitary ware - #√ ≥ 105oC to EN 263
– Resistance to chemicals re. the standard for acrylic sanitary ware - √ 5 Test media to EN 263
– Resistance to wet and dry cycling re. the standard for acrylic sanitary ware √ 20 cycles to EN 263
– Density - 1.19 g/cm3 to ISO 1183 standard
– Water absorption (24 h, 23oC) in a dry state 50 x 50 x 2mm – 40mg to ISO 60, Method 1
– Impact strength 16 kJ/m2 to ISO 179/1 fu standard
– Tensile strength 77 MPa to ISO 527-2/1B/5 standard
– Elastic modulus 3300 MPa to ISO 527-2/1B/5 standard
– Nominal strain at break 7.6% to ISO 527-2/1B/5 standard
– Maximum thickness tolerance for 6mm – plus or minus 3, to standard ISO 7823-2
– Indentation hardness H961/80 – 180 MPa to ISO 2039-1
– Coefficient of linear thermal expansion – 7oC to DIN 53752-A
– Vicat softening temperature 109oC to ISO 306, B50
– Heat deflection temperature under load HDT (1.8 MPa) – 102oC to ISO 75
– Ignition temperature 430oC to DIN 51794
– Smoke gas volume virtually none, toxicity none, corrosion none
– Class – B2 - BS476, Tao;7+6
– Class– E - DIn EN 13501
Delivery Options and Details
– FREE economy delivery on all orders over £200
– Speedy delivery or collect it yourself
– Orders bigger than 2001mm x 1000mm are COLLECTION ONLY. Alternatively, we can get our specialist courier to deliver your order on a cost-per-order basis.
We'll email you to confirm your order, including a number for tracking its progress. And we'll send another email once your order has been despatched, including a courier tracking number. You can have it delivered to a different address from your billing address if you like, no problem.
We'll deliver as fast as possible, and your order should arrive in perfect condition. We add a layer of protective film to both surfaces to protect it as well as using good quality packaging, especially at the corners.
You'll need to sign for your delivery. If you're not in, the courier will leave a card telling you how to rearrange the delivery or arrange collection.
Want full delivery details? Here they are.