5mm Polycarbonate Sheet
Images are for illustration purposes only
Approximate Weight: 0
5mm Polycarbonate Sheet – Versatile, thermoplastic, rigid
Polycarbonate plastic is naturally transparent but doesn't have a crystalline structure. The material is thermoplastic, which means you can form and re-form it multiple times using heat. And it deals with the internal transmission of light in almost the same way as glass, so makes a great alternative to glass. It comes with superb impact resistance. And it's different from acrylic sheeting. Do you know the differences? If you're not 100% sure which you need, give us a call or find out the differences between acrylic and polycarbonate for yourself.
Polycarbonate sheet can be formed easily without cracking or breaking, and you don't need a lot of heat to do so. It's great for prototyping applications where sheet metal won't do the trick, for example when you need transparency or a non-conductive surface with strong electrical insulation. It is a lighter alternative to glass and filters out UV rays. Plus it's tough, strong and comes in a variety of thicknesses. Anna, I removed the spectacles bit for you, but left the UV ray bit in since plenty of other sites mention it as a feature of the material.
– An incredibly strong plastic, up to 5 times lighter than glass
– Lets 90% of the available light through so is a good alternative for windows
– Incredibly tough and rigid, almost 300 times stronger than glass
– Thermoforms beautifully multiple times with no degradation
– Performs better than acrylic sheeting in high impact situations
– Brake-forms to a tenth of an inch thick
– Bullet resistant at its thickest
– Easy to drill, cut, form, bend, work with and fit
– Keeps UV rays out
– Resists abrasion well
– Meets British and EU fire standards
– Comes in twin and multiwall versions, extremely strong and light
Want privacy? Bronze polycarbonate sheet works beautifully in private situations, and pearl polycarbonate sheet offers even more privacy while letting lots of light through.
– Transparent manifolds, signage, name plates, windows and safety guards
– Safety glasses for industry, schools and colleges
– Prototyping of various sorts, from models to moulds for casting
– Greenhouses, cloches, carports, conservatories, porches, skylights and playhouse windows
– Super-light and transparent roofing and trims that are also super-tough
– Security and safety windows in doctors surgeries, and on buses
– Point-of-purchase displays
– As a replacement for glass in buildings
Delivery Options and Details
– FREE economy delivery on all orders over £200
– Speedy delivery or collect it yourself
– Orders bigger than 2001mm x 1000mm are usually COLLECTION ONLY. Alternatively we can get our specialist courier to deliver your order on a cost-per-order basis.
We'll email you to confirm your order, including a number for tracking its progress. And we'll send another email once your order has been despatched, including a courier tracking number. You can have it delivered to a different address from your billing address if you like, no problem.
We'll deliver as fast as possible, and your order should arrive in perfect condition. We add a layer of protective film to both surfaces to protect it as well as using good quality packaging, especially at the corners.
You'll need to sign for your delivery. If you're not in, the courier will leave a card telling you how to rearrange the delivery or arrange collection.
Want full delivery details including prices? Here they are.