4mm Polycarbonate Sheet
Images are for illustration purposes only
Approximate Weight: 0
4mm Polycarbonate Sheet – Tough, clear and stiff
Polycarbonate is a transparent, strong, stiff thermoplastic material that features really good impact resistance. It isn't quite the same as acrylic sheeting. If you're not certain which you need, give us a call or check out the differences between the two here.
Polycarbonate sheeting is tough and clear, which means it has a broad range of very different applications. It is an excellent alternative to glass. It's easy to machine and offers great dimensional stability. It can be thermoformed after drying and you can paint it with ease. You can glue pieces of it together with a good solvent glue. The hard transparent coat that protects it delivers enhanced weatherability, good chemical resistance, and excellent resistance to abrasion, which is why it's often used in vulnerable high traffic areas like bus shelters, police stations, doctors surgeries and detention centres.
– One of the strongest plastics in existence
– As much as 5 times lighter than glass and 290 times stronger
– Great optical clarity lets 90% of the light through
– Incredibly tough, very stiff– Easy to fabricate
– Thermoforms well when dry
– For high impact applications, it's better than acrylic sheeting
– Brake formable up to 0.100 inch thick
– Bonds perfectly with a good solvent glue
– Bullet resistant at certain thicknesses
– Can be drilled with ease
– UV, fire and abrasion resistant - complies with British and European fire regulations
– Comes in a multitude of thicknesses
– Twin and multiwall versions available
– Use bronze polycarbonate for less transparency when you want privacy
Use opal (opaque) sheeting to diffuse light completely, letting in light while preventing people from seeing in.
– Safety glasses
– Semiconductor parts
– Name plates and signage
– Greenhouses, carports and conservatories
– Roofing and trims
– Bus shelters and security windows
– Machine guards
– Point-of-purchase displays
– As a replacement for glass in buildings, for example skylights
Technical Specification coming soon.
Delivery Options and Details
– FREE economy delivery on all orders over £200
– Speedy delivery or collect it yourself
– Orders bigger than 2001mm x 1000mm are usually COLLECTION ONLY. Alternatively we can get our specialist courier to deliver your order on a cost-per-order basis.
We'll email you to confirm your order, including a number for tracking its progress. And we'll send another email once your order has been despatched, including a courier tracking number. You can have it delivered to a different address from your billing address if you like, no problem.
We'll deliver as fast as possible, and your order should arrive in perfect condition. We add a layer of protective film to both surfaces to protect it as well as using good quality packaging, especially at the corners.
You'll need to sign for your delivery. If you're not in, the courier will leave a card telling you how to rearrange the delivery or arrange collection.
Want full delivery details including prices? You can find them here.