2mm Polycarbonate Sheet
Images are for illustration purposes only
Approximate Weight: 0
2mm Polycarbonate Sheet – Impact resistant, tough, transparent
Polycarbonate sheeting is an attractive, tough, rigid and naturally transparent non-crystalline thermoplastic. It's used to make a wide variety of materials in applications where impact resistance and/or transparency are important, for example in security 'glass', and it comes with very different properties from acrylic sheeting. If you're not 100% certain which will work best for your project, contact us for expert help and advice or read about the difference between acrylic and polycarbonate here.
Polycarbonate resists impacts better than almost any other plastic sheet. It's extremely pliable and can often be formed at room temperature without breaking, but doesn’t become misshapen in sunlight. That's why it's so popular for prototyping applications where sheet metal isn't suitable. It comes with good electrical insulation properties and is because of its excellent levels of heat resistance is often used in combination with other flame retardant materials. The remarkably smooth and glassy surface is very like glass itself but safer and lighter.
– Incredibly tough
– Up to 5 times lighter than glass and almost 300 times stronger
– Safer than glass and lets 90% of the light through
– Better acrylic sheeting when used in high impact situations
– Brake-formable to 0.100”
– The thicker sheets are bullet-resistant
– Easy to drill, form, cut and work with
– UV, fire and abrasion resistant
– Meets UK and EU fire regulations
– A choice of thicknesses
– Twin and multiwall versions available, extra-light and ideal for roofing
Bronze polycarbonate provides more privacy, being not so transparent. And the pearl version diffuses the light completely, letting it in but preventing people from seeing in.
– Thin polycarbonate sheet is used to make plastic lenses for spectacles
– Parts for medical devices, semiconductors and vehicles
– DVDs and CDs
– Exterior lighting fittings
– Safety glasses for craft, industry and DIY
– Parts for semiconductors
– Name plates for business, public and domestic use
– Signage and lightboxes
– Greenhouse roofs, carports roofs and conservatory roofs
– Bus shelters, security windows and roofing trims
– Machine safety guards
– Point-of-purchase displays in shops
– Skylights and windows
Delivery Options and Details
– FREE economy delivery on all orders over £200
– Speedy delivery or collect it yourself
– Orders bigger than 2001mm x 1000mm are usually COLLECTION ONLY. Alternatively we can get our specialist courier to deliver your order on a cost-per-order basis
We'll email you to confirm your order, including a number for tracking its progress. And we'll send another email once your order has been despatched, including a courier tracking number. You can have it delivered to a different address from your billing address if you like, no problem.
We'll deliver as fast as possible, and your order should arrive in perfect condition. We add a layer of protective film to both surfaces to protect it as well as using good quality packaging, especially at the corners.
You'll need to sign for your delivery. If you're not in, the courier will leave a card telling you how to rearrange the delivery or arrange collection.
Want full delivery details including prices? You can find them here.