Glass dominates the house interiors when it comes to transparent or translucent surfaces or decors for the home. But glass comes with a lot of cons such as low impact resistance, heavy weight and high cost. With growing time period, glass is losing its dominance since acrylic sheets or Perspex sheets here is taking over. Acrylic looks just like glass except it is much stronger and about half the weight. No matter how thick the product is it remains practically clear unlike glass; it has this greenish blue hue.
Here are 7 ways in which you can transform house interiors with acrylic:
- Acrylic coffee plastic table tops – Glass coffee tables are prone to damage, as glass has low impact resistance. An acrylic coffee table is one of the safest option and house furniture to be replaced with glass. So even if your kids sit and play around the coffee table, you don’t have to fear any damage. In addition, it almost disappears into the rest of the decor to help the room feel spacious.
- Reusable acrylic calendar – Buying a new calendar or an organiser every year is a hassle and it adds up to the monthly cost. However, getting an acrylic calendar will let you mark important schedules, dates and events on it with an erasable marker. What makes it reusable? It doesn’t include months in it so you can keep reusing it every month, which makes it last for years.
- Acrylic shelves – People usually deal with broken glass shelves, because of heavy objects on it or while dusting and cleaning it. Acrylic shelves are your best replacement option so that you don’t have to worry about any damage. They are much lighter in weight than glass but they have high impact resistance. Acrylic have a quality of being clear which beautifies the room.
- Acrylic bar chairs or stools – People who have bars at their places want it to look open and spacious. Bar stools and chairs typically don’t take up much space but keeping an acrylic bar or stool appear to take up even less space due to their clarity and no blue hues.
- Acrylic chair and desk – Home offices are gaining popularity day by day. When we talk about home offices, we think about an informal room at home. However, you can add a minimalistic and sophisticated look to your home office by replacing traditional wooden chairs or desk with acrylic chairs or desk. The clarity and transparency gives a sleek look to your home office.
- Acrylic door handles and pulls – Acrylic is clear than glass and it is durable, it does not turn yellow and it doesn’t chip out. They are scratch resistant and easy to clean, so if you have kids who, open doors with messy hands acrylic is best use for you.
- Acrylic shed or greenhouse windows – Since acrylic has high impact resistance, replacing a normal glass window with acrylic is the best option. Acrylic can take a hit from a ball, flying debris during a storm and hail storms. In addition, acrylic can be easily replaced as it is available in multitude shapes and sizes.