The environment around us is constantly changing, which leaves us with a responsibility to be environmentally aware. While building a greenhouse, we all think that we are saving the environment, but they are not always environment-friendly. But, fortunately, there are ways to build an eco-friendly and low-cost greenhouse.
However, building an eco-friendly greenhouse glass here comes with its costs. In this article, we will tell you how to build a low cost and budget friendly greenhouse with plastic bottles. Plastic bottles cause harm to our environment but reusing them in building a greenhouse is both environment-friendly and cost effective.
The first thing that comes to mind when we talk about plastic bottle greenhouse is where to get so many plastic bottles from? Well, you can easily get them in bulk from recycling factories or maybe plan it beforehand and start collecting empty plastic bottles. Here are the ways you can make a low cost and eco-friendly greenhouse from plastic bottles:
- Assembling the plastic bottles
Once you’ve gathered plastic bottles, you will have to wash them thoroughly, remove labels, discard the caps and cut them in desired order. It sounds like a daunting task, but if you do it in breaks with kids and turn it into a fun activity it will turn out to be a fun task.
- Prepare the basic frame
The size of your basic frame depends on how large your garden lawn area is, or how much space are you giving to your greenhouse? Here are the steps you can follow to prepare a basic frame:
- A wooden frame is built from timber, standard length can be 2 by 2 inches.
- A standard construction of 2m x 3m requires 1400 bottles, these bottles are threaded onto a garden cane in a row.
- The last bottle in the line is turned round to face in the opposite direction, so that you have a bottle neck at each end.
- Keep on adding the bottle tubes until the whole thing is covered to form one of the panels of the greenhouse.
Once you’ve prepared the basic frame, constructing the rest of the greenhouse seems easier.
- Constructing the greenhouse
Constructing the door and other essential parts of a greenhouse such as roof, is another important task. A separate smaller frame is made for a greenhouse door, with hinges attaching it to the rest of the front wall panel and a simple flat roof design is the easiest choice for a cost effective greenhouse project. Once the construction of greenhouse is completed, you can fix it to the ground if you want a permanent greenhouse setting. 5 incredible top tips to choose the right greenhouse.
- Permanent fixing
To keep your greenhouse permanent follow the steps listed below:
- Cement a four inch square post into the ground at the corners of where the greenhouse is to be fixed.
- Screw the individual frames onto these posts and let the cement set.
After this step, your greenhouse is ready to use and making your own greenhouse from plastic bottles is a great way to turn waste bottles into something really useful. It is a daunting task but the end result is an eco-friendly and cost effective greenhouse.