Opal Acrylic Sheets – A stunning finish
Opal acrylic is semi-translucent, which makes it the perfect choice for signage, light boxes, display purposes, funky lighting projects, creating privacy and much more. You might be an interior decorator. You may have a craft project in mind. Or you might want to bulk-buy for a big construction project. Either way, it's a brilliant material. No wonder opal acrylic sheet is one of our best-loved and most frequently bought plastic sheet products.
Our great quality opal extruded acrylic sheets sit at the heart of a range of exciting projects. It comes in a choice of thicknesses and because of its exceptional chemical resistance and low absorption rates, is ideal for places where good hygiene is essential. Opal acrylic is semi translucent too, so perfect when you want some light shining through. No wonder we sell so much hi-gloss opal acrylic sheeting!
– Cheap, lightweight and safe – a viable alternative to glass
– Absorbs UV rays and resists scratches
– A super-high gloss finish
– Colour applied to one side for an extra-deep glow
– Tough and strong
– Fire Rating of E to Test Standard DIN ED 13501
– A protective film on both sides to prevent damage during delivery, design, assembly and fitting
– The colour and acrylic material are bonded together at extrusion stage, so they're bonded permanently
– A wonderful, glossy contemporary finish loved by designers and decorators
Important note: Never use acrylic sheet too near to a gas or electric cooker, hob, open fire, radiator, wood burner, Rayburn or Aga. If it's going to get hotter than 160°C the heat will damage the acrylic.
Which materials to use near a source of heat?
– Electric, Ceramic & Induction Hobs - Acrylic wall panels are ideal behind induction and ceramic hobs – just fit it a minimum of 5cm from the appliance and you should be fine.
– Gas Hobs - For direct heat source hobs, a Low Iron toughened glass splashback is ideal.
You can use our high gloss acrylic sheets in many ways. Here are just a few of them:
– Kitchen splashbacks
– Bathroom splashbacks
– Contemporary wall panels
– Shield protectors and display cabinets
– Fish tanks and vivariums
– Business, school, college and university presentation boards
– As shelves
– To clad walls and give a new lease of life to old kitchen cupboards
– To use as an alternative to glass in all manner of circumstances
– For signage, displays and storage units
– For art, craft, design and creative projects
– Resists high temperatures re. the standard for acrylic sanitary ware - #√ ≥ 105oC to EN 263
– Resistance to chemicals re. the standard for acrylic sanitary ware - √ 5 Test media to EN 263
– Resistance to wet and dry cycling re. the standard for acrylic sanitary ware √ 20 cycles to EN 263
– Density - 1.19 g/cm3 to ISO 1183 standard
– Water absorption (24 h, 23oC) at dry state 50 x 50 x 2mm – 40mg to ISO 60, Method 1
– Impact strength 16 kJ/m2 to ISO 179/1 fu standard
– Tensile strength 77 MPa to ISO 527-2/1B/5 standard
– Elastic modulus 3300 MPa to ISO 527-2/1B/5 standard
– Nominal strain at break 7.6% to ISO 527-2/1B/5 standard
– Maximum thickness tolerance for 6mm – Plus or minus 3, to standard ISO 7823-2
– Indentation hardness H961/80 – 180 MPa to ISO 2039-1
– Coefficient of linear thermal expansion – 7oC to DIN 53752-A
– Vicat softening temperature 109oC to ISO 306, B50
– Heat deflection temperature under load HDT (1.8 MPa) – 102oC to ISO 75
– Ignition temperature 430oC to DIN 51794
– Smoke gas volume – virtually none
– Smoke gas toxicity – none
– Smoke gas corrosion – none
– Class – B2 - BS476, Tao;7+6
– Class – E - DIn EN 13501
Delivery Options and Details
– FREE economy delivery on all orders over £200
– Speedy delivery or collect it yourself
– Orders bigger than 2001mm x 1000mm are COLLECTION ONLY. Alternatively, we can get our specialist courier to deliver your order on a cost-per-order basis.
We'll email you to confirm your order, including a number for tracking its progress. And we'll send another email once your order has been despatched, including a courier tracking number. You can have it delivered to a different address from your billing address if you like, no problem.
We'll deliver as fast as possible, and your order should arrive in perfect condition. We add a layer of protective film to both surfaces to protect it as well as using good quality packaging, especially at the corners.
You'll need to sign for your delivery. If you're not in, the courier will leave a card telling you how to rearrange the delivery or arrange collection.
Want full delivery details including prices you can read them here.