Bespoke Online Orders
You can order bespoke plastics with your choice of colour, size and material.
Place your order online and we'll deliver within 3-7 working days.
Our Excellent Reviews
We offer quality service and have reviews from many satisfied customers.
Opal Acrylic Sheets – A stunning finish
Opal acrylic is semi-translucent, which makes it the perfect choice for signage, light boxes, display purposes, funky lighting projects, creating privacy and much more. You might be an interior decorator. You may have a craft project in mind. Or you might want to bulk-buy for a big construction project. Either way, it's a brilliant material. No wonder opal acrylic sheet is one of our best-loved and most frequently bought plastic sheet products.
The amount of light let through the acrylic is as follows:
- Light Opaque: 70%
- Medium Opaque: 51%
- Heavy Opaque: 37%
- White Opaque: 26%
Our great quality opal extruded acrylic sheets sit at the heart of a range of exciting projects. It comes in a choice of thicknesses and because of its exceptional chemical resistance and low absorption rates, is ideal for places where good hygiene is essential. Opal acrylic is semi translucent too, so perfect when you want some light shining through. No wonder we sell so much hi-gloss opal acrylic sheeting!
– Cheap, lightweight and safe – a viable alternative to glass
– Absorbs UV rays and resists scratches
– A super-high gloss finish
– Colour applied to one side for an extra-deep glow
– Tough and strong
– Fire Rating of E to Test Standard DIN ED 13501
– A protective film on both sides to prevent damage during delivery, design, assembly and fitting
– The colour and acrylic material are bonded together at extrusion stage, so they're bonded permanently
– A wonderful, glossy contemporary finish loved by designers and decorators
Important note: Never use acrylic sheet too near to a gas or electric cooker, hob, open fire, radiator, wood burner, Rayburn or Aga. If it's going to get hotter than 160°C the heat will damage the acrylic.
Which materials to use near a source of heat?
– Electric, Ceramic & Induction Hobs - Acrylic wall panels are ideal behind induction and ceramic hobs – just fit it a minimum of 5cm from the appliance and you should be fine.
– Gas Hobs - For direct heat source hobs, a Low Iron toughened glass splashback is ideal.
You can use our high gloss acrylic sheets in many ways. Here are just a few of them:
– Kitchen splashbacks
– Bathroom splashbacks
– Contemporary wall panels
– Shield protectors and display cabinets
– Fish tanks and vivariums
– Business, school, college and university presentation boards
– As shelves
– To clad walls and give a new lease of life to old kitchen cupboards
– To use as an alternative to glass in all manner of circumstances
– For signage, displays and storage units
– For art, craft, design and creative projects
– Resists high temperatures re. the standard for acrylic sanitary ware - #√ ≥ 105oC to EN 263
– Resistance to chemicals re. the standard for acrylic sanitary ware - √ 5 Test media to EN 263
– Resistance to wet and dry cycling re. the standard for acrylic sanitary ware √ 20 cycles to EN 263
– Density - 1.19 g/cm3 to ISO 1183 standard
– Water absorption (24 h, 23oC) at dry state 50 x 50 x 2mm – 40mg to ISO 60, Method 1
– Impact strength 16 kJ/m2 to ISO 179/1 fu standard
– Tensile strength 77 MPa to ISO 527-2/1B/5 standard
– Elastic modulus 3300 MPa to ISO 527-2/1B/5 standard
– Nominal strain at break 7.6% to ISO 527-2/1B/5 standard
– Maximum thickness tolerance for 6mm – Plus or minus 3, to standard ISO 7823-2
– Indentation hardness H961/80 – 180 MPa to ISO 2039-1
– Coefficient of linear thermal expansion – 7oC to DIN 53752-A
– Vicat softening temperature 109oC to ISO 306, B50
– Heat deflection temperature under load HDT (1.8 MPa) – 102oC to ISO 75
– Ignition temperature 430oC to DIN 51794
– Smoke gas volume – virtually none
– Smoke gas toxicity – none
– Smoke gas corrosion – none
– Class – B2 - BS476, Tao;7+6
– Class – E - DIn EN 13501
|Where one dimension measures||Cost|
|298mm - 1200mm||£7.95|
|1200mm - 1999mm||£13.00|
|2000mm - 3000mm||£18.00|
We reserve the right to charge extra delivery costs if the dimensions/format of your order require us to use a specialist delivery company.
We can arrange for delivery on Saturdays/before midday, please contact us for more details. There will be a supplement for these services.
There is a supplement on deliveries to the Scottish Highlands, Grampians, Northern Ireland, Eire, Isle of Wight, Isle of Man and the Channel Islands. This supplement will be calculated when you add your delivery details to your order.
We have no minimum order size, so you can place a small order without incurring an additional charge.
Your delivery address doesn’t need to be the same as your billing address. You can pick different addresses whilst checking out.
You are also more than welcome to come and pick your acrylic up from us. Our address is Unit 30, Mackley Industrial Estate, Henfield Rod, Small Dole, BN5 9XR.
We will email you confirmation of your order, including your order details, your order number and the price that you have paid.
When your delivery is ready for dispatch, we will email you. This email will include the courier’s tracking number where possible. If you have ordered a smaller piece of acrylic, you will receive a notification from the courier detailing roughly when your order will be delivered on a specific day. If you have ordered a larger piece of acrylic, you may not receive any notifications from the courier, and unfortunately our courier also can’t specify a delivery time. If you are out, the courier will leave a card to allow you to arrange a new delivery time to suit you.
Due to factors beyond our control, we can’t guarantee that orders will be delivered when specified during our communications with you.
Your order should arrive packaged and in perfect condition, just as it left us. It will come with a layer of protective film over each surface (mirrored acrylic only has protective film on one side). If your order appears to have been damaged in transit, please refer to our Orders Damaged in Transit information.
What tolerance do you cut to?
We cut to a tolerance of +/-2mm.
What is your delivery timescale?
3-7 working days.
Is mirrored acrylic like normal mirror?
Mirrored acrylic is a flexible material, and needs to be attached to a perfectly flat surface. We recommend attaching it to MDF or something similar, making sure the adhesive is spread in a thin even layer across the acrylic. we also recommend using the 5mm thick acrylic as it is more rigid.
Can you cut any shape?
Yes, in acrylic. We will shortly be able to also cut any shape in polycarbonate as well.
What's your standard radius corner?
20mm, but we can cut to your requirements.
How many holes do I need in my acrylic?
1 per corner should be sufficient for smaller pieces. You might want to consider an extra hole in the middle if your sheet is larger.
Can I cut acrylic?
Yes, you can. Just take it slow and easy.
Can I put acrylic behind a hob?
Not if it is gas or electric. You need a gap of 5cm between an induction hob and the acrylic.
Do you fit the acrylic?
No, we don't. We do provide some templates which should help you to take your measurements. The acrylic is easy to install by any competent DIYer.
What's the difference between acrylic and Perspex?
Perspex is a brand name. It is the same as acrylic.
What's the difference between acrylic and polycarbonate?
Take a look at our handy guide here.
Download one of our templates below.
“I needed some sheeting for some picture frames”
“Product arrived quickly and accurately cut to correct size.”
“Very pro company. Emaid are replied instantly.”
“Great quality and did the job very well”
“Excellent. Perfectly cut.”
“Looks great on my table just what I wanted”
“Quick service & good price.”
“All of the sheets arrived as ordered”
“Quick , Precise and Professional service”