Frosted Acrylic Sheets
Images are for illustration purposes only
Approximate Weight: 0
Frosted Acrylic Sheets – Attractive, matt, modern
Sometimes called satin glass acrylic, matt acrylic, satin acrylic or satin glass acrylic, it is neither shiny nor glossy. Frosted acrylic sheets come with a good-looking matt finish, cut to your exact size requirements in a range of colours and thicknesses. Because of its exceptional chemical resistance it is a dream to keep clean and easy maintain in good condition. Often used in hygienic environments and places where privacy is important, frosted acrylic sheet is one of our most popular plastic products.
An excellent alternative to Perspex, our top quality frosted extruded plastic sheets make a huge range of exciting projects possible. The matt-finish on both sides give an effect very like sandblasted or acid-etched glass. If you want to make a dramatic impact frosted acrylic sheeting, available in a range of colours and thicknesses, is the perfect choice.
– Lightweight and great value
– Safe - Fire Rating E to Test Standard DIN ED 13501
– Absorbs UV rays
– Doesn't scratch
– An attractive semi-transparent finish that lets some light through
– A pleasure to work with
– Deep colour applied to just one side for an extra-rich appearance
– Tough, strong and impact resistant
– Protective film on both sides to prevent damage until you're ready to peel it off
– The colour and acrylic material are bonded at extrusion stage, so are bonded permanently
– A contemporary finish that's bang on trend.
Important note: Never fit acrylic sheets behind or too close to a gas or electric cooker, hob, open fire, radiator, wood burner, Rayburn, Aga or any other heat source of heat. Temperatures above 160°C can damage the material, which is why we caution against it. Glass is better under these circumstances.
Which plastic sheet can you use near a heat source?
– Electric, Ceramic & Induction Hobs - Acrylic wall panels are OK behind induction and ceramic hobs when you keep a minimum 50mm gap between it and the appliance.
– Gas Hobs - Direct heat source hobs require a Low Iron toughened glass splashback.
You can use our frosted acrylics in various ways, for all sorts of projects, including:
– Highly effective privacy glazing
– Lightboxes of all kinds
– Exhibits and displays
– Shower and bath panels
– Fantastic-looking bathroom and kitchen splashbacks
– Strong, practical presentation boards
– Imaginative, practical cladding for walls and kitchen cabinet doors
– An alternative to glass in furniture
– To make beautiful, unusual shelving
– Art, craft and design projects
– A replacement for frosted or diffused glass.
– Resists high temperatures re. the standard for acrylic sanitary ware - #√ ≥ 105oC to EN 263
– Resistance to chemicals re. the standard for acrylic sanitary ware - √ 5 Test media to EN 263
– Resistance to wet and dry cycling re. the standard for acrylic sanitary ware √ 20 cycles to EN 263
– Density - 1.19 g/cm3 to ISO 1183 standard
– Water absorption (24 h, 23oC) at dry state 50 x 50 x 2mm – 40mg to ISO 60, Method 1
– Impact strength 16 kJ/m2 to ISO 179/1 fu standard
– Tensile strength 77 MPa to ISO 527-2/1B/5 standard
– Elastic modulus 3300 MPa to ISO 527-2/1B/5 standard
– Nominal strain at break 7.6% to ISO 527-2/1B/5 standard
– Maximum thickness tolerance for 6mm – Plus or minus 3, to standard ISO 7823-2
– Indentation hardness H961/80 – 180 MPa to ISO 2039-1
– Coefficient of linear thermal expansion – 7oC to DIN 53752-A
– Vicat softening temperature 109oC to ISO 306, B50
– Heat deflection temperature under load HDT (1.8 MPa) – 102oC to ISO 75
– Ignition temperature 430oC to DIN 51794
– Smoke gas volume – virtually none
– Smoke gas toxicity – none
– Smoke gas corrosion – none
– Class – B2 - BS476, Tao;7+6
– Class – E - DIn EN 13501
Delivery Options and Details
– FREE economy delivery on all orders over £200
– Speedy delivery or collect it yourself
– Orders bigger than 2001mm x 1000mm are COLLECTION ONLY. Alternatively, we can get our specialist courier to deliver your order on a cost-per-order basis.
We'll email you to confirm your order, including a number for tracking its progress. And we'll send another email once your order has been despatched, including a courier tracking number. You can have it delivered to a different address from your billing address if you like, no problem.
We'll deliver as fast as possible, and your order should arrive in perfect condition. We add a layer of protective film to both surfaces to protect it as well as using good quality packaging, especially at the corners.
You'll need to sign for your delivery. If you're not in, the courier will leave a card telling you how to rearrange the delivery or arrange collection.
Want full delivery details including prices? You can see them here.