On Orders Over £150
Get Your Order Faster
Price Match Guarantee
6mm Acrylic Sheets – Thick, strong, attractive
The thicker the acrylic, the tougher it is. Our high gloss acrylic is a brilliant material, practical and good looking. And when it's this thick it makes an excellent alternative to glass: cheaper, lighter and safer. If your next construction, design, business, domestic or creative project demands high gloss, rugged good looks and a material that's a dream to cut and work with, our 6mm acrylic sheet is an exceptional solution.
Our strong 6mm extruded acrylic sheets make all sorts of exciting, practical projects possible, everything from home décor to features in offices, business premises, and public areas. If you want to make a high quality impact with colour or use it as a practical alternative to glass, this hi-gloss 6mm plastic sheeting is exactly what you need.
– Low cost, lightweight, stylish, contemporary
– Safer than glass, absorbs UV rays and resists scratching
– A stunning glossy look with colour applied on one side for a rich, deep shade
– Fire Rating of E to Test Standard DIN ED 13501
– A protective film on both sides to prevent damage – simply peel it off when you're ready
– The colour and acrylic material are bonded together at extrusion stage, so are bonded permanently.
Important note: It is unwise to fix acrylic sheet too near to a heat source, whether it's a gas or electric cooker, hob, open fire, radiator, wood burner, Rayburn or Aga. If you are likely to see it rise above 160°C in the area, use glass instead.
Which materials can you use near heat?
– Electric, Ceramic & Induction Hobs - Acrylic wall panels work fine behind induction and ceramic hobs provided it's fitted at least 5cm from the appliance.
– Gas Hobs - Direct heat source hobs demand a splashback made from our Low Iron toughened glass.
You can use our high gloss acrylic in a wide variety of ways, including:
– Shiny, colourful splashbacks for kitchen and bathrooms
– As presentation boards and whiteboards
– To make unusual, practical shelves
– To re-clad walls and kitchen cabinets
– For sign-making and secondary glazing
– Many uses in yachts and boating
– For art, craft and design projects
– For guarding, point-of-sale and display units
– Resists high temperatures re. the standard for acrylic sanitary ware - #√ ≥ 105oC to EN 263
– Resistance to chemicals re. the standard for acrylic sanitary ware - √ 5 Test media to EN 263
– Resistance to wet and dry cycling re. the standard for acrylic sanitary ware √ 20 cycles to EN 263
– Density - 1.19 g/cm3 to ISO 1183 standard
– Water absorption (24 h, 23oC) at dry state 50 x 50 x 2mm – 40mg to ISO 60, Method 1
– Impact strength 16 kJ/m2 to ISO 179/1 fu standard
– Tensile strength 77 MPa to ISO 527-2/1B/5 standard
– Elastic modulus 3300 MPa to ISO 527-2/1B/5 standard
– Nominal strain at break 7.6% to ISO 527-2/1B/5 standard
– Maximum thickness tolerance for 6mm – plus or minus 3, to standard ISO 7823-2
– Indentation hardness H961/80 – 180 MPa to ISO 2039-1
– Coefficient of linear thermal expansion – 7oC to DIN 53752-A
– Vicat softening temperature 109oC to ISO 306, B50
– Heat deflection temperature under load HDT (1.8 MPa) – 102oC to ISO 75
– Ignition temperature 430oC to DIN 51794
– Smoke gas volume – virtually none
– Smoke gas toxicity – none
– Smoke gas corrosion – none
– Class – B2 - BS476, Tao;7+6
– Class – E - DIn EN 13501
You can read the full technical specification here.
Delivery Options and Details
– FREE economy delivery on all orders over £200
– Speedy delivery or collect it yourself
– Orders bigger than 2001mm x 1000mm are COLLECTION ONLY. Alternatively, we can get our specialist courier to deliver your order on a cost-per-order basis.
We'll email you to confirm your order, including a number for tracking its progress. And we'll send another email once your order has been despatched, including a courier tracking number. You can have it delivered to a different address from your billing address if you like, no problem.
We'll deliver as fast as possible, and your order should arrive in perfect condition. We add a layer of protective film to both surfaces to protect it as well as using good quality packaging, especially at the corners.
You'll need to sign for your delivery. If you're not in, the courier will leave a card telling you how to rearrange the delivery or arrange collection.
Want full delivery details including prices, you can find the information here.
Frequently Asked Questions
What’s the difference between Perspex and acrylic?
Perspex is a brand name. It is the same as acrylic.
How can I clean acrylic?
Keeping your acrylic clean and hygienic is easier to maintain, as all that is required is warm soapy water and a microfibre cloth.
How can I remove scratches from acrylic?
How can I cut acrylic sheets?
While it is possible to cut acrylic sheets yourself, we do suggest that you request it cut-to-size before ordering as we can meet your measurements.
Can I put acrylic behind a hob?
Not if it is gas or electric. You need a gap of 50mm between an induction hob and the acrylic.
What's the difference between acrylic and polycarbonate?
Polycarbonate is a stronger alternative to acrylic. Take a look at our handy guide here.
Is acrylic food safe?
Dishes and glassware made from Perspex sheets have been designed to hold up against the heat of a commercially manufactured dishwasher. As such they are food safe and are BPA-Free
Is acrylic heat resistant?
Is acrylic suitable for secondary glazing?
Clear acrylic or polycarbonate would be best for secondary glazing. Windows larger than 800mm will benefit from being glazed with a thicker sheet to provide rigidity.
Is acrylic recyclable?
Acrylic is recyclable, however, as it’s not bio-degradable the process is not as easy as putting it in your recycle bin or taking it to a bottle bank. But you can re-use acrylic (e.g. Perspex), by cutting larger sheets into small pieces and forming them into other products.
Is Cut My Plastic able to fabricate my product?
We are able to provide in-house fabrication services. Please see the full list of all our available options and contact us to enquire about your product.