3mm Acrylic Sheets – A popular choice for multiple purposes
3mm acrylic sheets are one of our best-sellers thanks to their sheer versatility, usable for a vast range of different purposes, from artistic to practical. It's cheaper, safer and lighter than glass, makes really unusual and beautiful splashbacks in kitchens and bathrooms, and is a joy to work with. Interior decorators love it, it's popular in the construction arena, and is used widely in schools and college for art and craft projects. In our experience 3mm acrylic sheet is a winner. What will you use it for?
Our 3mm extruded plastic sheets collection covers every imaginable colour. You can get opal, frosted and clear acrylic in 3mm thickness, which makes all sorts of thrilling projects possible. If you're looking for the perfect kitchen or bathroom splashback, you've found it. Our 3mm acrylic sheeting has unique physical properties and delivers great performance. It's as much as ten times more impact resistant than glass, outstandingly weather proof, and can be formed into a million shapes.
– Light and durable
– Cheaper and safer than glass, with a Fire Rating of E to Test Standard DIN ED 13501
– UV stabilised
– Doesn't scratch, resists impacts
– Comes with a glorious high gloss, matt, opal or frosted finish
– Easy to cut, a pleasure to work with
– Deep colour applied to on one side to create an incredibly rich shade
– We add a protective film on both sides to prevent damage – just peel it off when you're ready
– Because the colour and acrylic are bonded during extrusion, they're stuck solid permanently
– A luscious contemporary finish for homes and commercial premises
Important note: Please don't try to fit any kind of acrylic sheeting behind or too near a cooker, hob, open fire, radiator, wood burner, Rayburn, Aga or any other source of heat. If it's going to heat up to more than 160°C the heat will probably damage the acrylic. Glass is best under these circumstances – why not check out our glass range?
Which materials are safe near a heat source?
– Electric, Ceramic & Induction Hobs - Acrylic panels are OK behind induction and ceramic hobs when you fit it at least 50mm from the appliance
– Gas Hobs – Splashbacks for direct heat source hobs are best made from Low Iron toughened glass.
You can use our high gloss acrylic sheets in all sorts of ways, for all manner of projects, including:
– Stylish, bright splashbacks for kitchens and bathrooms
– Strong, tough presentation boards and displays
– Fabulous wall cladding
– Cladding for old kitchen doors, giving yours a funky new lease of life
– For making signs and lightboxes
– For art, craft and design projects
– Resists high temperatures re. the standard for acrylic sanitary ware - #√ ≥ 105oC to EN 263
– Resistance to chemicals re. the standard for acrylic sanitary ware - √ 5 Test media to EN 263
– Resistance to wet and dry cycling re. the standard for acrylic sanitary ware √ 20 cycles to EN 263
– Density - 1.19 g/cm3 to ISO 1183 standard
– Water absorption (24 h, 23oC) at dry state 50 x 50 x 2mm – 40mg to ISO 60, Method 1
– Impact strength 16 kJ/m2 to ISO 179/1 fu standard
– Tensile strength 77 MPa to ISO 527-2/1B/5 standard
– Elastic modulus 3300 MPa to ISO 527-2/1B/5 standard
– Nominal strain at break 7.6% to ISO 527-2/1B/5 standard
– Maximum thickness tolerance for 6mm – plus or minus 3, to standard ISO 7823-2
– Indentation hardness H961/80 – 180 MPa to ISO 2039-1
– Coefficient of linear thermal expansion – 7oC to DIN 53752-A
– Vicat softening temperature 109oC to ISO 306, B50
– Heat deflection temperature under load HDT (1.8 MPa) – 102oC to ISO 75
– Ignition temperature 430oC to DIN 51794
– Smoke gas volume – virtually none
– Smoke gas toxicity – none
– Smoke gas corrosion – none
– Class – B2 - BS476, Tao;7+6– Class – E - DIn EN 13501
To read the full technical specification for this product.
Delivery Options and Details
– FREE economy delivery on all orders over £200
– Speedy delivery or collect it yourself
– Orders bigger than 2001mm x 1000mm are COLLECTION ONLY. Alternatively, we can get our specialist courier to deliver your order on a cost-per-order basis.
We’ll email you to confirm your order, including a number for tracking its progress. And we'll send another email once your order has been despatched, including a courier tracking number. You can have it delivered to a different address from your billing address if you like, no problem.
We'll deliver as fast as possible, and your order should arrive in perfect condition. We add a layer of protective film to both surfaces to protect it as well as using good quality packaging, especially at the corners.
You'll need to sign for your delivery. If you're not in, the courier will leave a card telling you how to rearrange the delivery or arrange collection.
Want full delivery details including prices? You can find them here.