On Orders Over £150
Get Your Order Faster
Price Match Guarantee
10mm Acrylic Sheets – Tough multi-purpose acrylic
At a whole centimetre thick, our high gloss acrylic sheets are quite simply fabulous! Plenty of people use the material as an alternative to glass in its transparent guise, and even more use it to create stunning contemporary splashbacks and other features in homes, offices and public spaces. It's lighter, safer and cheaper than glass. Our super-thick, durable and hugely practical 10mm acrylic sheet is a best-seller, no wonder when it has so many brilliant applications.
Our great quality 10mm extruded plastic sheets make a range of projects possible, everything from home decoration to business premises and public areas. Because it is so very thick, strong, tough and durable, our hi-gloss 10mm acrylic sheeting is also incredibly versatile, whether you're doing clever things with boats and yachts, creating effective secondary glazing or making a work of art.
– An excellent alternative to glass: lighter, safer and cheaper
– Diffuses UV light– A brilliant high gloss finish that resists scratches and damage
– Colour cleverly applied to one surface for a gorgeous deep glow
– Fire Rating of E to Test Standard DIN ED 13501
– A protective film on both sides prevents damage – just peel it off when you're ready
– The colour and acrylic are stuck together at extrusion stage for a permanent bond
– A stunning contemporary finish popular with designers and decorators, developers and builders
Important note: It is unwise to fit acrylic sheeting behind or too close to a gas or electric cooker, hob, open fire, radiator, wood burner, Rayburn, Aga or any other heat source. Temperatures over 160°C will damage the acrylic.
What can you use near a heat source?
– Electric, Ceramic & Induction Hobs - Acrylic wall panels are ideal behind induction and ceramic hobs – just keep a minimum of 5cm between the sheet and the appliance.
– Gas Hobs - For direct heat source hobs you need a Low Iron toughened glass splashback.
You can use our high gloss acrylic sheets in all sorts of ways, for all sorts of projects, including:
– Designer-style bathroom and kitchen splashbacks
– Presentation boards for business, schools, colleges, hospitals and public areas
– Lightboxes and fluorescent light fitting diffusers
– Beautiful shelves to display products, books, ornaments and more
– Cladding to refresh tatty walls and old kitchen cabinets
– To use instead of glass, for example to make large fish tanks and vivariums
– For making signs– For creative art, craft and design projects
You can read the technical specification for this product.
Delivery Options and Details
– FREE economy delivery on all orders over £200
– Speedy delivery or collect it yourself
– Orders bigger than 2001mm x 1000mm are COLLECTION ONLY. Alternatively, we can get our specialist courier to deliver your order on a cost-per-order basis.
We'll email you to confirm your order, including a number for tracking its progress. And we'll send another email once your order has been despatched, including a courier tracking number. You can have it delivered to a different address from your billing address if you like, no problem.
We'll deliver as fast as possible, and your order should arrive in perfect condition. We add a layer of protective film to both surfaces to protect it as well as using good quality packaging, especially at the corners.
You'll need to sign for your delivery. If you're not in, the courier will leave a card telling you how to rearrange the delivery or arrange collection.
Want full delivery details including prices, you can find them here.
Frequently Asked Questions
What’s the difference between Perspex and acrylic?
Perspex is a brand name. It is the same as acrylic.
How can I clean acrylic?
Keeping your acrylic clean and hygienic is easier to maintain, as all that is required is warm soapy water and a microfibre cloth.
How can I remove scratches from acrylic?
How can I cut acrylic sheets?
While it is possible to cut acrylic sheets yourself, we do suggest that you request it cut-to-size before ordering as we can meet your measurements.
Can I put acrylic behind a hob?
Not if it is gas or electric. You need a gap of 50mm between an induction hob and the acrylic.
What's the difference between acrylic and polycarbonate?
Polycarbonate is a stronger alternative to acrylic. Take a look at our handy guide here.
Is acrylic food safe?
Dishes and glassware made from Perspex sheets have been designed to hold up against the heat of a commercially manufactured dishwasher. As such they are food safe and are BPA-Free
Is acrylic heat resistant?
Is acrylic suitable for secondary glazing?
Clear acrylic or polycarbonate would be best for secondary glazing. Windows larger than 800mm will benefit from being glazed with a thicker sheet to provide rigidity.
Is acrylic recyclable?
Acrylic is recyclable, however, as it’s not bio-degradable the process is not as easy as putting it in your recycle bin or taking it to a bottle bank. But you can re-use acrylic (e.g. Perspex), by cutting larger sheets into small pieces and forming them into other products.
Is Cut My Plastic able to fabricate my product?
We are able to provide in-house fabrication services. Please see the full list of all our available options and contact us to enquire about your product.